POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : office supplies - ink bottle : Re: office supplies - ink bottle Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: office supplies - ink bottle
From: Jim Charter
Date: 10 Feb 2008 01:04:17
Message: <47ae93e1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> How about ink inside? :)
>
> Is it at all possible (even if extremely hard) to make it so users set
> the *volume* of ink, and it automatically figures out its "height", even
> when the bottle is rotated? I would surely have no idea how to even
> start coding the needed calculations...
Neither would I.

Ink bottles also can have labels which is another issue I am struggling
with.  Though it should be possible to generate some uv coordinates for
simple cases.

But there are graver issues with the usability of the macro which makes
me question its overall usefulness. Afterall this bottle could be
modelled and exported from a mesh modeller in 15 minutes, tops. For
instance, the positioning and rate of the transition from a 'sided'
cross section to round cross section of the neck is presently
interdependent with things like the density of the mesh.

Here is another bottle, and some ink in the earlier one

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'inkbottle.0016.jpg' (36 KB)

Preview of image 'inkbottle.0016.jpg'